The Frans Seda Foundation is a foundation named after the Indonesian statesman figure, Frans Seda (1926-2009) inspired by his lifelong commitment to become a bridge for friendship between countries, between religions, between cultures in a civilized, balanced, and without discrimination. With his example, the Frans Seda Foundation wants to inspire as many young people as possible to be involved in working on bridges for the realization of social justice by creating opportunities for everyone and promoting social transformation, especially with the values of compassion, collaboration, humanity and empowerment.
Responding to COVID-19, the Frans Seda Foundation is moved to encourage the involvement of all parties to work together to overcome the impact of this pandemic in various sectors. In line with this, the Frans Seda Foundation invites the Frans Seda Fellows and their partners to do something to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, especially in a combination of the following program areas/themes:
1. Empowerment of Communities Affected by Covid-19 Various empowerment programs for people affected by Covid-19, for example: efforts to increase community income, develop community businesses, develop local wisdom-based community businesses, and others.
2. Development of Alternative Learning Various development of alternative learning models, both co-curricular, intracurricular, extracurricular, which can help learners’ learning. Learning can also include interdisciplinary learning, character learning, as well as religious ones, local content, and others.
3. Collaboration for the Covid-19 Impact Awareness Campaign Various cross-professional, cross-scientific, cross-sector, cross-sector collaborative programs that can encourage awareness campaigns for the impact of Covid-19.
4. Documentation of Compassion, Collaboration, Humanity, and Empowerment in the Covid-19 Pandemic situation In this unfavorable atmosphere, let’s share kindness by documenting all the good things that happened in the situation of the Covid-19 Pandemic, especially those which include the values of compassion, collaboration, humanity, and empowerment.
PURPOSE & OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM:
- Encouraging collaboration across professions, science, fields and countries to be involved in handling the impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic;
- Encourage the Frans Seda Fellows to build networks with other Frans Seda Fellows as well as invite more parties to be involved together with the Frans Seda Foundation.
- Submitted by Frans Seda Fellows and their partners;
- Frans Seda Fellows are individuals who have been involved in activities and/or programs of the Frans Seda Foundation, such as: Seminars, Twin Scholarships, Innovation Labs, and others;
- Partners who can be proposed to partner with Frans Seda Fellows in the project are communities, foundations, or NGOs/NPOs who have worked for at least 1 (one) year and have a sustainable program that is running by themselves;
- Maximum duration for the project are 3 (three) months;
- The maximum funding for 1 (one) project selected is IDR 25,000,000 (equivalent of € 1400);
- All project proposals will go through a short review process;
- Deadline for submission of proposals: 31 May 2021 at 12.00 pm
GMT +7 / Western Indonesian Time
- Each Frans Seda Fellows can submit more than 1 (one) project proposal;
- Projects proposed in the proposal must be: (a) minimizing the risk of direct contact, (b) immediate and instant impact, (c) inclusive and influential, (d) able to collaborate with NPOs/NGOs.
The maximum grant for this project for 1 (one) activity selected is IDR 25,000,000 (or equivalent of € 1400).
It is advisable to submit requests for grants based on the best estimate of the expenditure required to carry out the proposed activity and not based on the maximum amount. Applicants are required to submit a detailed budget estimate.
For project submission, please use the proposal template which can be accessed from the following link:
- Indonesian Proposal Template: http://bit.ly/FSFFellowsProjectsProposalTemplateIndonesian
- English Proposal Template: http://bit.ly/FSFFellowsProjectsProposalTemplateEnglish
The project proposal and supporting documents can be submitted by 31 May 2021, at 12.00 pm (GMT +7) Western Indonesian Time by using the following link:
STAGE OF ACTIVITIES
|15 April 2021-15 May 2021||Outreach to the public|
|1-31 May 2021||Acceptance of Proposals|
|1-20 June 2021||Proposal Review|
|30 June 2021||Announcement of Selected Proposals|
|1-31 July 2021||Process of Project Implementation Preparation by Proposal Proposer|
|August-October 2021||Project Implementation by Proposal Proposer|
|30 November 2021||Deadline for Submission of Accountability Report and Project Documentation by Proposal Applicants|